Travelling to Europe with multiple food allergies as young adult

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
friendly.traverser

by friendly.traverser on Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:37 pm

Travelling to Europe with multiple food allergies as young adult

I am a young student from Australia who want to visit Europe some time very soon as I have gone before and loved it (with parents) and now want to go independently. I wanted to visit places like Germany, Netherlands, Spain and probably many more. The only difficult thing is that I have multiple severe food allergies to nuts, dairy, egg and shellfish. I always carry 2 EpiPen's with me and despite being extremely careful I have had over 16 very serious anaphylactic reactions in my life. It is already quite risky for me to eat out in Australia so will probably just avoid it overseas all together. As I am a student I don't have that much money but am thinking that it would be worth saving up the bit extra so I can always have a private kitchen I can cook and prepare meals, I know it will be an effort but will definitely be worth it. If anyone has any good resources or tips for travelling with food allergies (possibly similar to mine) and how their experience was, please let me know, would be greatly appreciated :D