Full body rash

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
jamie_cameron11@hotmail.co.uk

by jamie_cameron11@hotmail.co.uk on Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:54 pm

Full body rash

Hiya,

I've always struggled with skin issues with many things causing my skin to break out in a rash/become super itchy. Sea water, sweat, shampoos and shower gels, central heating etc etc will all cause me problems. It's always been worse in winter (I live in Scotland) which I put down to a constant fluctuation in temperatures, however as I'm getting older (34 now) I seem to be experiencing a rash more often than I don't - in fact over the last 2 months i've had it all over my scalp, face, torso and legs. The weird thing about it is that I split my life between two places - my partners place and my own place - which should be ideal for identifying allergy triggers but it seems to make no difference where I am, the rash will persist. At the moment i'm staying off booze to see if that helps but so far it doesn't seem likely. I'm on prescribed antihistamine's which i'm constantly increasing my dosage of as a result taking them so often. I'm also on various steroid creams and shampoos but what I really want is to establish the cause so I can stop all that stuff. Just wondering if anyone has any similar stories and if they managed to identify the cause? cos rn it seems like a wild goose chase! (IDK if that expression is used in other parts of the world lol)

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:33 am

Re: Full body rash

My good friend got a rash all over her body recently: thankfully it has virtually cleared up.

She doesn't know what caused it: she hadn't changed her shampoo or shower gel. She hadn't changed her washing detergent. It was a fluke out of the blue. She used E45 cream to treat the rash, which worked. However - in your case - you may just have to accept you're just very sensitive to chemicals and products.

I know that isn't very positive but you've suffered it your whole life, so I don't see what will change.

2 posts