Systemic Nickel Allergy

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
IsabellaSB

by IsabellaSB on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Systemic Nickel Allergy

Hi my name is Isabella and I'm 18 years old. When I was 13 I started getting blisters, and rashes all over my body until the point where ended up loosing all my legs skin, I was constantly bleeding from my legs and arms (because of the blisters), I even had to be in a wheelchair because I didn't have skin so i wasn't able to walk or move. After a year and half of biopsies and different treatments my doctors concluded that I have a systemic nickel allergy, which means that I can not basically eat, wear or touch anything that contains nickel which sadly is present in almost everything especially on food.
After a long time of a trial and error diet, I can now say that I'm a "normal" person again, all my skin has been regenerated and with my diet, medicines and other cares I've being able to live a "normal" life. Well I guess what I'm trying to say is that if anyone of you need help on systemic or contact nickel allergy; have any questions, comments, concerns please do not hesitate to ask.

Also if someone knows more about this allergy or knows about doctors that can treat this type of allergy please contact me. Thanks in advance :)

RosyHannah

by RosyHannah on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Re: Systemic Nickel Allergy

Hi Isabella,

I am new to moderating this area of the Forums and so when having a little 'read around' I just thought I would stop and thank you for offering your experience with allergies and your support to others. It also got me wondering if you might like to think about writing a blog regarding your experience? I have included the link below just in case you think you may be interested in the future. It's a fantastic way to reach people further.

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/bl ... s/allergy/

We do hope that you are doing well still, pop back and let us know how you are getting on.

Rosy - Talkhealth moderator.

2 posts