I need advice please

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
lesley2010

by lesley2010 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:20 pm

I need advice please

Hi All,

Please help. I am suffering from hair loss and a painful, tender scalp. On occasion my scalp is itchy. I do not have dandruff but can feel tiny lumps/scabs. I would not consider my condition to be psoriasis. I am a 46 year old female who had a hysterectomy to include the removal of my ovaries 2 years ago. I take HRT, which is an oestrogen only medication. My only other problems are Sinusitis and Bronchiectasis (I do have children). I have put weight on since the hysterectomy, however I do eat a varied and healthy diet. My skin is now very dry and can also be very itchy all over, although this does not lead me to believe that it is eczema either as I have no patches evident. I am a non-smoker. My hair is tufty underneath and I am having difficulty hiding the problem, especially around my fringe and crown. I am an attractive, professional woman who feels distressed at this condition. Could it be an allergy?