Help for a little boy!!

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
lyndsey1111

by lyndsey1111 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Help for a little boy!!

Hi there, I'm new here, but the site looks a great source of support for all kinds of problems!
Just wanting some advice please. My little boy (21 months) has, what I believe to be an allergy to cows milk-comes out in nettle rash type rash all over his face when he comes into contact with anything with milk in it (even cooked now) if anything I would say he's getting more sensitive to it, he used to be able to tolerate cooked milk products. We've had the skin prick test for milk protein and both the allergen and control tests raised up which they told me showed he has super sensitive skin! Anyway, he also suffers from eczema, which, again, is getting worse and worse. I just keep getting stronger and stronger steroid crms prescribed for him but they just don't seem to have an effect on his eczema whatsoever. We are convinced it's something he's eating that's making it so bad and never clear up but the GP's won't entertain referring him for further testing. Basically what I'm after here is any help or advice on what i can do for him, it's horrible seeing him scratch his skin off at every given opportunity not to mention having allergic reactions left right and centre. HELP!!
Thanks

Jasgo123

by Jasgo123 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Re: Help for a little boy!!

That sounds awful.

We're in a similar situation with nuts but when the NHS skin test gave odd results they were considered inconclusive and blood tests were carried out.

We keep the eczema at bay by using "Halos 'n' Horns" bath products, Persil non-bio washing capsules and Comfort fabric softener. That combination took some trial and error. We had to replace our washing machine with one that rinsed really well too.

We're also prescribed Diprobase and Doublebase products and do occasionally use Johnson's Baby Oil.

I hope our experiences help you even if just a little bit.

RihoZNZN

by RihoZNZN on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi!
I'm posting because I'd just like to let you know that my brother-in-law has completely gotten rid of his allergies (peanut, cucumber, apple) and asthma through a natural product he's been taking for some 8 months now (as have I for a little longer for my psoriasis, which is practically gone now). If you´ll interested, mail me and we can talk some more, because there's a lot of info to digest.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unauthorised use of external email address - see forum rules

RosyHannah

by RosyHannah on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Lyndsey1111

Just checking back to see how you're getting on?

Hope you are finding a combination which is working for you and your son, keep us posted!

Have you looked at our feebies page? We regularly have products relating to skin allergies available and also look for people to test products and give them a rating. Keep an eye out for things which may be of use.

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/freebies/index.php

All the best,

Rosy - Talkhealth

willieTK

by willieTK on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Have you stopped him on milk? Is soy milk good for him?

5 posts