Allergy to Lilies

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
Lady Teresa

by Lady Teresa on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:16 am

Allergy to Lilies

I have a severe allergy to the Lily flower. I have suffered with this allergy for 7 years and now I go into anaphylactic shock. I have been 911 to emergency over 10 times. I work at a hospital and unfortunately, most of the exposures have been at work. Thank God they have been able to treat/stabilize me for transport to ER. I go nowhere without my Epi pen and others medicine. I hear others say it the fragrance yet I have never smelled them but my body reacts immediately. It starts with uncontrolled spasmic
coughing, then my vocal chords begin to swell and I lose my voice with 3-5 minutes, next starts the wheezing and the throat starts to swell. I have had 4 exposures this month and although prednisone is the miracle drug, I really dislike it because its side effects. I also take Benadryl and Pepcid during an episode. My body is out of sorts due to the meds so i don't get any sleep during this time. My allergist tells me " no one has ever heard of this allergy so there isn't a allergy injection the market ". So basically I run for my life every day. Does anyone else have this type allergy?

Lady Teresa