hi im new here

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

6 posts
kekkyqueen

by kekkyqueen on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:23 am

hi im new here

hi im a 36 year old female, i have suffered from excema all my life, got diagnosed with asthma when i was 12 and in the last 5 years found out i also have a lot of allergies such as grass, dustmite,wool,fish,cheese,egg, all types of nuts almost every fruit and veg and some chemicals. all were confirmed with blood skin and patch testing. is there anyone else with the same problem? as i dont think there is mucch advice in the way of gps or consultants. :cry:

kazzy1

by kazzy1 on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: hi im new here

I too have a lot of allergies and they often make my eczema worse. Talking on forums is always a good way to get information and I've found this site particularly useful in gaining information to help me manage both my eczema and allergies.

Good luck.

Sally

by Sally on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi - I'm new here too. Joined mainly coz my daughter has food allergies and saw info about the parents with allergic children forum on a Twitter message. But I also suffer with chronic hay fever. I never had hay fever til I was 42 - they say it comes in 7 year cycles so I'm hoping it will go by the time I'm 49! When I first got hay fever it was so bad in my eyes (pussing, weeping, eyes closing over) that I was referred to the hospital who thought it was conjunctivitis. But after several weeks they concluded it was hay fever and apart from the usual stuff at the chemist, they couldn't do anymore for me! As the years have gone on, the symptoms have become less an less so I'm lucky. But it is miserable. I've worked out I'm allergic to tree pollen so my hay fever starts in April!!!!

I'm looking forward to talking with others about my daughter's food allergy and my hay fever and hopefull getting some useful tips. At least I know I'm not alone! :D

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:07 pm

You can talk to our experts from now until the 25th February - a team from Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital, headed up by Dr Adam Fox, are on hand to answer all your allergy questions. Just log into the NHS Choices forums and go to the parents with allergic children forum. Ask your questions for our experts to answer.

Regards
Deborah Mason
Founder
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

Sally

by Sally on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks for the tip about the NHS Choices allergy forum - I've posted in there already and it's fantastic. I'm watching all the questions and answers and learning so much.

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:12 pm

I'd like to say a warm welcome to all those people who are new to our forums. I hope that some of you will be able to find answers to your questions, gain valuable support from other members and generally use our community support to get you through those bad days.

I'd also like to formally welcome AnnaB who is our first official moderator. AnnaB has a wealth of experience I'm sure she will share with you over time.

Warm regards
Deborah Mason
Founder
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

6 posts