Chlorine

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Sylvia Meads

by Sylvia Meads on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Chlorine

I have a grand-daughter of 2yrs 3mths who is allergic to nuts, dairy produce and eggs and has also had eczema virtually since birth. She has had numerous episodes of upper respiratory tract problems plus eye and ear infections !
After reading an article recently I do wonder if any research has been done into the effects chlorine in swimming pools could have on people, especially children, who have allergy problems ( as I guess some could be ingested via the nasal passages or even dermally !) I also wonder if my grand-daughter's immune system would cope with the bacteria that are inevitably in the water in these places ?
Because of her history her mother and I are bit hesitant about taking her, even to toddler sessions, at the moment ! Would like to know if you have met any parents who have experienced any problems ?
Many thanks
SylvieM

admin
Site Admin

by admin on Fri May 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Re: Chlorine

Hello SylvieM - my daughter used to have problems with chroline - one tip is to find out what day of the week the water is re-chlorinated and make sure you go either the day before or several days after so that the chlorine is weaker and evenly distributed around the pool. Hope this helps.
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog

2 posts