When will this string end?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
Bike2Live

by Bike2Live on Sat May 02, 2015 7:29 am

When will this string end?

Honestly, over the past 2 months, it seems like I've had at least 1 episode of anaphylaxis a week. I've had extensive allergy testing done, and I've been avoiding my allergens like the plague. I know that it's possible for these episodes to "rebound" even with steroid regimens, so I'm honestly convinced that about a month ago that was truly the worst I've ever had. It was bad to the point of severe swelling of tongue, lips and face, and when I would cough, or burp, or even swallow the "choking reflex" would kick in. That being said, I'm thinking that I've had a serious of "rebound" reactions over the last several weeks. But oddly enough, it's not the reactions that are the worst of it. The worst of it is that I'll start to notice early symptoms around 10 or 11 at night, and it seems like every other night, my partner and I are up until 2 am trying to assess whether or not I need to use and EpiPen and go to the ER. It's taken a serious toll on our relationship, and en even greater one on my mental state. I'm afraid to be outside at times for fear of being stung by bees, or I'm afraid to spend time with my partner's family because exposure to cat dander will likely trigger an allergic reaction. I'm near my wits end with the recent reactions and the worrying. I'm also asthmatic, so allergy shots are out of the question.
Is there anyone else who has had a similar experience?