Deep line or crease on forehead

Post your older skin questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:59 am

Deep line or crease on forehead

Guest post on behalf of TH member

'Over the last few years I've noticed that I have a permanent line (or crease) on my forehead which will not go away. It makes me look like I am always frowning and is getting me down. My friend said I can't get rid of it and should have had botox when I was in my 20's to stop them from appearing (I am now 36). Is this right or is there something I can do to make it better?'
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Anjali Mahto

by Dr Anjali Mahto on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Deep line or crease on forehead

Many thanks for taking the time to post a question.

A combination of Botox and dermal fillers (usually containing hyaluronic acid) can be used to treat forehead lines. If you have a very deep crease, it may not be possible to completely remove this for you but it can certainly be softened with the correct injectable treatments. You may find www.bcdg.info a suitable place to find a qualified practitioner.

Botox can have a preventative action and delay the appearance of forehead lines but the treatment lasts on average 3 months and needs to be repeated at regular intervals to maintain its effect.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Anjali
Dr Anjali Mahto
Consultant Dermatologist and British Skin Foundation spokesperson
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _mahto.php

Dr Nisith Sheth

by Dr Nisith Sheth on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: Deep line or crease on forehead

Great answer from Dr Mahto which I totally agree with. Botulinum toxin and fillers are probably the most effective treatments. In addition to this fractional lasers and retinoids can help with fine lines and can also slow down recurrence of treated creases.
Dr Nisith Sheth
Consultant Dermatologist and British Skin Foundation spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _sheth.php

3 posts