Skin issues

Ask our experts all your questions about vaginal issues here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Jenny1

by Jenny1 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:08 pm

Skin issues

Hi,
I'm 39. I have had a few issues with my skin. I developed a black spot like a freckle/blackhead like spot on my vulva about three years ago which hasn't changed but last year two more appeared on the other side.
On the labia there is one area that feels like it is eroded compared to the other side and it looks a bit raw and is always sore when I try to wash it . My vulva can be itchy but especially so at the time of my period.
There is also what I think is a skin tag but it is very itchy.
There is definitely no change of this being STD related.
I went to my GP who barely looked and told me to use a moisturiser like aqueous cream.

Mr Jonathan Broome

by Mr Jonathan Broome on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:35 pm

Re: Skin issues

Hello
It's difficult to make a diagnosis without seeing these black spots, if it hasn't changed in a number of years then it's obviously nothing sinister but that probably doesn't help! It could be something as simple as a freckle/mole, possibly a blackhead or a prominent blood vessel/vein. I'd suggest you go back to your GP or perhaps another more sympathetic doctor in the practice or the practice nurse and ask to be referred to a gynaecologist who'll be able to tell you exactly what it is.
Regards
Mr Jonathan Broome
Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon - MB ChB, MRCOG

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... broome.php

2 posts