Neuogenic Bladder & Bowel

If you have questions about constipation or diarrhoea please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Peace2015Above

by Peace2015Above on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:04 am

Neuogenic Bladder & Bowel

Hi there I have been told that my Bowel including Bladder is not receiving signals from the brain because of some nerves that are not responding - This causes me to get Constipated and sometimes the other e.g Diarrhoea - I was wondering is there anything that can calm my stomach from either problem as constipation is killing me as passing motions are starting to tear my anus or back passage. is there something I can take to relieve the problem. Tried a laxative as well as small enema which sometimes works.

Help Please :? :cry: :(

Shane

Dr Pravin Desai

by Dr Pravin Desai on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: Neuogenic Bladder & Bowel

have you tried osmotic agent for constipation like Macrogol 3350 available with prescription ( movicol and other brand names

this may help your constipation

can use local cream proctosedyl for pain in anal region

please speak to your gp

Peace2015Above

by Peace2015Above on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:42 am

Hi there & thanks for the reply - just letting you know that I have been taking movicol at either 1 or 2 small packets & nothing has changed as of yet. I have told the doctor & they are finding out more info on the stuff & how much that I can go up too in taking the stuff. If I can get a good clean-out some how It will be a blessing too me.

Thanks again

Shane

Dr Jamal Hayat

by Dr Jamal Hayat on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:16 pm

As long as you don't have cardiovascular disease you can take higher doses in the short term - up to 8 sachets in a day, then switch to the maintenance dose. Also important to ensure you have made appropriate dietary and lifestyle modifications to help with your constipation.
Dr Jamal Hayat
Consultant Gastroenterologist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _hayat.php

4 posts