Bladder problem

Ask our experts any questions you may have about overactive bladder syndrome here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
udierose

by udierose on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 am

Bladder problem

I know this may seem strange but i found it worked for me. I drank more water rather than less and It seemed to flush through and because I was trying not to go by exercising my pelvis floor I found I did not have so much of a problem. Could this be an answer, Have you heard of it before?

Dr Claire Mansfield

by Dr Claire Mansfield on Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: Bladder problem

Thanks for your post. That's great that you found what worked for you. Thanks for sharing it and encouraging others to see if they can find out what might work for them.
Dr Claire Mansfield
Chartered Counselling Psychologist - CPsychol, PsychD, MA, BSc

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... sfield.php

Julie Jenks

by Julie Jenks on Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Bladder problem

Hi there. As Dr Mansfield states, it's great you've managed to find a solution to your bladder issues.
You have highlighted an important point about hydration v's dehydration. A balance to maintain straw coloured urine is the goal. As a general rule we, as adults should consume around 2L per day of all types of fluid. There are specific calculations of the exact amount you should drink based on your height, weight and physical activity that you can discuss with your GP or practice nurse. The more dehydrated you are the more concentrated your urine is, this strong dark urine can irritate the bladder and make you want to pee more, (sounds unusual right?!) in contrast if you drink too much fluid, more than your body needs, then your kidneys just expel it as urine, the more you drink the more urine you make!
Thanks for sharing your story, all the best.
Julie Jenks
Advanced Nurse Practitioner

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _jenks.php

3 posts