Neck eczema

Post your questions about eczema here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Pearl1957

by Pearl1957 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Neck eczema

I have been told i have atopic eczema that is libked to hay fever and i get flare ups around the back of my neck ie inflamed skin and it cones and goes and is certainly affected by stress or pollen. I have skin tags around the base of the dront of my neck i am self conscious of in the warm weather and prefer sleeveless tops. I use goats milk soap and aveeno creme to manage it as emollients and steroids made it worse. Any ideas how pollen season

Dr Nisith Sheth

by Dr Nisith Sheth on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:15 pm

Re: Neck eczema

Thanks for your post. Try and avoid clothing which will rub and irritate the neck. Avoid chains. A mineral sunscreen will help. If emollients make it worse try rose water with glycerol. This is a humectant rather than a lipid emollient and almost never causes irritation but still hydrates the skin. The skin tags are easy to remove if they are getting irritated and perhaps your GP or dermatologist can help.

If steroids make things worse it may be worth trying to get a patch test through your GP to see if you have a contact allergy which could be aggravating your condition
Dr Nisith Sheth
Consultant Dermatologist and British Skin Foundation spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _sheth.php

2 posts