Acne scars and rosacea

Post your acne related questions for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Yaincoa07

by Yaincoa07 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:26 pm

Acne scars and rosacea

Dear All

I am a 34 years old woman and I started with acne issues when I was 12 due to a hormonal imbalance (high testosterone). I went through all the treatments, creams, oral pills, roacutane (twice),.. Well, my current issue is rosacea, adult acne (not too much) and scars (2 or 3 types of scars in my face: ice picks, one little keloid (my first cyst spot) and some similar to expression lines but deeper). I would like to improve the appearance of my skin. I already did dermabrasion and acid but it does not improve. As my body generates keloids, wondering which is the best treatment for me and if you could kindly recommend me cosmetic clinics in London where I could ask for advice and start an effective treatment if my budget allows it. Thank you.

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: Acne scars and rosacea

I think it would be worthwhile looking into skin camouflage. This can certainly help with any colour difference that you may have between the scars/rosacea and the surrounding skin.The surface of the ice pick scars and the keloid will stay the same but the colour will be concealed. There are various practical techniques that will address the surface of the keloids and also the shadows from the indentations.

The treatment is available on the NHS and privately and there are London clinics that offer this service. Usually only one appointment is necessary which includes tuition so that you will be able to apply the products at home.These tend to last for a long time...even with a daily application so the cost is manageable.

Happy to offer further advice if this would be of help.

Regards
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

Yaincoa07

by Yaincoa07 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for your response. I would like to make the scars disappear as much as this is possible. I have been covering the scars with makeup. However, I do not feel comfortable with the result. Wondering if the best option for me is the scaar fx laser or maybe there is no solution for my problem.

I would appreciate further advice.

Many thanks

Dr Anton Alexandroff

by Dr Anton Alexandroff on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:37 pm

Thank you. I am sorry to hear about your problems. Acne scars can be difficult to manage I am afraid. Generally laser is good (but of note it does not work well in asian and black skin). However if you are prone to kelloid scars no good treatment is available I am afraid.

With Best Wishes,

Dr Anton Alexandroff FRCP(UK) PhD CCT(Derm) FRSM FAAD
Consultant Dermatologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer
Member of the British Association of Dermatologists
The British Skin Foundation Spokesperson
London, Cambridge, Leicester and Bedford

http://www.alexandroff.org.uk
twitter your_skin_dr
Dr Anton Alexandroff
Consultant Dermatologist, Honorary Senior Lecturer & BSF spokesperson - FRCP, CCT (Derm), PhD, FRSM, FAAD

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ndroff.php

4 posts