uncomfortable psoriasis

Post your psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis-related questions for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:30 am

uncomfortable psoriasis

On behalf of a member:
I have psoriasis under my breasts wearing a bra is extremely uncomfortable even more so because I work 12 hour nights. Is there anything I can do to alleviate the problem

Thank you, Clare
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Rickyhom

by Rickyhom on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: uncomfortable psoriasis

Are you sure it is psoriasis and not eczema or a sweat rash?

You may get some help from a product I trialled from this website which was Cuticura mildly medicated talcum powder which is very soothing.

Julie Van Onselen

by Julie Van Onselen on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:04 am

Re: uncomfortable psoriasis

Hi Claire
I am sorry to hear you have psoriasis in a skin fold - this is called flexural psoriasis.
I am presuming you have a diagnosis of psoriasis, but I wonder if you have been prescribed any topical treatment by your GP? You should avoid soap and try and wash and moisturise with a medical emollient - ask your pharmacist to recommend you some products. If you have not been prescribed a treatment, the best option under the breast is Silkis ointment or Curatoderm lotion (both vitamin D analogues used for treating flexural psoriasis), this treatment should be used for 4 weeks and then reviewed. Please do return to discuss treatment options with your GP. I suggest you wear a cotton sports bra until your psoriasis settles, as these bras will be more comfortable.
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

3 posts