PPP

Post your psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis-related questions for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Rickyhom

by Rickyhom on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:01 pm

PPP

I have PPP on my hands and feet. It started out of the blue in my early 60's . It is much improved now with constant moisturising as the soles of feet which \i used to call elephant hide is now soft but I still have to keep it moisturised or is will start flaking again.
I have taken Vit D3 / Vit K2 and used magnesium oil spray from a protocol I found on the web and that is what I think over the years has helped.
My question why did it come in the first place at such an old age and will it ever leave me completely?

I have found a 50 :50 mixture of glycerine and witch hazel in a spray bottle works immediately for itching and when I have had pustules on my feet once it was Glycerine which cleared it up in a couple of days. I have never had anything so painful - I had to bandage my feet up to get socks on .

Dr Nisith Sheth

by Dr Nisith Sheth on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: PPP

There are multiple causes for this. they include genetic (this doesn't necessarily mean inherited),; how your immune system evolves as you age; and undefinable external environmental factors. As the causes are so complex and multiple trying to look for a single cause is often not helpful and focussing on manging the condition might be better. It won't necessarily be with you forever but it is unpredictable and can be chronic for many years. Fortunately now there are many treatments now and most people can find something which works for them to keep things under control
Dr Nisith Sheth
Consultant Dermatologist and British Skin Foundation spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... _sheth.php

2 posts