Rosacea

Post your rosacea-related questions for our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
lisacaroline7

by lisacaroline7 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:04 am

Rosacea

Is there any other treatments I can use for rosacea other than taking Oxytetracycline?

Kenwoodlad

by Kenwoodlad on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Rosacea

My doctor switched me from oral antibiotics to an antibiotic cream called metronidazole. This has taken a long time to work but I prefer it to taking antibiotics long term, they don't agree with me and I end up with oral thrush and similar nasties.

Julie Van Onselen

by Julie Van Onselen on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:47 am

Re: Rosacea

Hi Caroline

I am sorry to hear you have rosacea. There are a number of other treatment options for rosacea. If your rosacea has not responded to topical treatments, oral antibiotics are usually prescribed, however there are alternatives to Oxytetracycline, including lymecycline, doxycycline and erythromycin. It is also a good idea to combine a oral treatment with a non-antibiotic oral treatment, again there are a few options ivermectin, azealic acid and possibly brimondine (usually prescribed for flushing rosacea). I suggest you return to your GP for a review and discuss other treatment options.

TalkHealth Partnership have a recently launched rosacea patient support programme (PSP), please do register by clicking for for information on the psp page and you will receive weekly information and support emails on all aspects of rosacea. I do hope this helps you.
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

3 posts