Dark spots: what can I use?

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Dark spots: what can I use?

On behalf of Sarah:
What products are good to use for removing dark spots on the face and knees?
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Mark Brewin

by Dr Mark Brewin on Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Dark spots: what can I use?

"Dark spots" is a little vague. Do you mean sun spots caused by sun damage? If so, then Q-switched laser is an extremely effective treatment. However without seeing the spots, I cannot make an informed comment. It may be prudent to get a diagnosis from your GP before seeking the solution.
Dr Mark Brewin
Clinical Scientist - BSc (Hons), MSc, MIPEM, PhD
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... brewin.php

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Re: Dark spots: what can I use?

Hello Sarah,
Depending upon the outcome of the diagnosis from your GP, you may find skin camouflage helpful. If the dark spots are a result of sun damage and there are no open wounds, rashes or skin reactions then you will be able to apply skin camouflage products. This will not remove the spots but will offer long lasting coverage with a natural colour match so that the dark spots will not be noticed. Skin camouflage can used on the face and body.

You will be able to discuss this with your GP or contact Changing Faces or The British Association of Skin Camouflage.

Best wishes
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

3 posts