Scleroderma & Telengasia

Do you have a question related to a skin condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with ichthyosis, hyperhidrosis or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
Guest Posts

by Guest Posts on Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:27 am

Scleroderma & Telengasia

On behalf of a member:
I have systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) my skin is right and at times itchy. I also have telengasia over my face and upper body . Is there any skin care products on prescription that would help. Thanks Hazel
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Dr Mark Brewin

by Dr Mark Brewin on Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Scleroderma & Telengasia

I assume that you have been diagnosed and are being cared for by your GP or hospital, in which case they will have prescribed medicines for your various symptoms. However, it is important to moisturise areas of hard skin to keep them supple. Use whatever moisturiser suits your skin (& budget, no moisturiser is proven to be better than any other no matter what the adverts say). Telangiectasia are a symptom of scleroderma. These are vascular malformations or small dilated blood vessels. These may be treated using a vascular laser such as a pulsed dye laser or KTP laser. These treatments may be expensive and it would only manage the problem rather than cure it. Hope this helps.
Dr Mark Brewin
Clinical Scientist - BSc (Hons), MSc, MIPEM, PhD
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... brewin.php

Vanessa Jane Davies

by Vanessa Jane Davies on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: Scleroderma & Telengasia

Hello Hazel,

Telangiectasia can be easily concealed by applying skin camouflage cover creams. The brands which have a creamy, soft consistency will offer you the best results. So far as the practical application, its often easier to cover the whole area rather than each thread vein making it a quick option.

Your GP will be able to guide you on how to get an appointment which can be accessed privately and on the NHS.

Best wishes
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... davies.php

3 posts