Arthritis after injury?

Do you have a question related to an arthritis condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with spondylitis, spondylosis, rheumatica, polymyalgia, fibromyalgia or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
angielou123

by angielou123 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:14 am

Arthritis after injury?

A month ago I fell off my kitchen counter (getting something from top of cupboard) and injured my knee. I had x-rays and was told it was ligament/tendon damage. I was given painkillers, a leg brace and sent home. After a painful week, its got somewhat better. Ive had a follow up with my doctor twice since, the first time he gave me some tablets that helped and the second time he sent me to see a lady who has suggested physio. My knee is weak, stiff and sore. What I was wondering is, when I sit down and try and relax, I get an ache that goes from my knee down into my foot and it's very hard to get comfy. Since all this happened, I was getting pins and needles in my fingers for a while and now my left hand especially the thumb is not working properly. I can't spread my hand out and to say, squeeze out a sponge is very weak. Do you think the 2 are connected and i'm going to be left with arthritis? I can just see this getting worse and its a bit scary. I'm nearly 42 by the way and otherwise healthy.

Dr Sandeep Bawa

by Dr Sandeep Bawa on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm

Re: Arthritis after injury?

Hi,

I think you should go back and get re assessed by your GP.

It is difficult to advise without seeing you.

Generally, muscular pains from a traumatic injury should subside within 6 weeks.

If you are concerned, and things are not improving, let your GP have another look.
Dr Sandeep Bawa
Consultant Rheumatologist - MBChB, MRCP, MSc (Sports Exercise Medicine)
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... p_bawa.php

Tracy Corbett

by Tracy Corbett on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Re: Arthritis after injury?

As Dr Bawa said, it is difficult to assess without seeing you in person. I suggest visiting your GP for an assessment.
Tracy Corbett
Chartered Physiotherapist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... orbett.php

3 posts