Unspecified inflammatory arthritis

Do you have a question related to an arthritis condition that doesn't fit in any of the other boards? Perhaps you're living with spondylitis, spondylosis, rheumatica, polymyalgia, fibromyalgia or something else we've not covered? Your questions and discussions can be posted here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Selkiedreamer

by Selkiedreamer on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Unspecified inflammatory arthritis

Hello,

I have had inflammatory arthritis for a number of years, also M.E. I take NSAID Etodolac SR 600mg per day
topped up by Tramadol (usually 200 mg per day). In the warmer months I used to be able to stop Etodolac between March to September and just take the occasional Co-proxamol tablet (before co-proxamol was 'outlawed') However, for the past two or three years I have had to carry on with Etodolac continuously.

I'm confused by which pain is which, the neurological condition gives me spasms, Gabapentin is great for my peripheral neuropathy. I have osteo arthritis in my neck, bursitis in my hip, but my hands are giving me the greatest problem at the moment. I take the Etodolac with my evening meal. Getting out of bed is a major problem and my joints don't loosen up for about an hour and a half.

A 'flare' is affecting me at the moment, all hints, tips and suggestions will be gratefully received.

Dr Sandeep Bawa

by Dr Sandeep Bawa on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Re: Unspecified inflammatory arthritis

If you are having a flare of your inflammatory arthritis you need to get in touch with your Rheumatology Department. They may consider a steroid injection if appropriate
Dr Sandeep Bawa
Consultant Rheumatologist - MBChB, MRCP, MSc (Sports Exercise Medicine)
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... p_bawa.php

2 posts