Guys I need advice

If you have questions about prostate cancer or PSA tests please post them here for our experts and charity partners to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
gustheguidedog

by gustheguidedog on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Guys I need advice

I am Blind so, therefore, have to use specialized audible screen reader software in order to use the PC, can `Erectile Dysfunction` be a sign of Prostrate Cancer?

I am too embarrassed to ask my Carers or GP could you help?

gustheguidedog

by gustheguidedog on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Guys I need advice

sorry I should have written this in my initial post, I attend a Blind Club which I like to call VIPs (Visually Impaired Peoples) Club 40% of the membership is Male I think info. on Prostrate Cancer could be useful to us all.
Look at the Abilities NOT the Disabilities
kind regards
Bob

Mr Benjamin Challacombe

by Mr Benjamin Challacombe on Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Bob
Erectile dysfunction is only rarely a sign of prostate cancer.
usually ED is caused by other things such as diabetes, heart disease, aging etc
There is a link between BPH and ED though
worth getting things assessed via the GP and referred to urology if needed
Mr Benjamin J Challacombe
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... acombe.php

Dr Claire Mansfield

by Dr Claire Mansfield on Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:57 am

Hi Bob, lots of people feel embarrassed about going to see their GP, particularly about these kind of intimate issues. However, while it might be unusual for you to talk about it, for your GP they will hear about these kind of problems all day long. Your GP should be sensitive to you finding it difficult to talk about and should help you to feel more comfortable to discuss it. Please also think about the relief you might experience to hear your GP's advice and not to be worrying about this on your own. I am not sure if you will need your carers assistance to go to the GP, but I don't think you should have to inform anybody else why you want to speak to your GP. I hope that you will find that speaking about these kinds of things can quickly become easier and feel less embarrassing. You might even get to a point where you can discuss it with other members of your group, some of which may have their own experiences and concerns and may be relieved to be able to share them. Good luck.
Dr Claire Mansfield
Chartered Counselling Psychologist - CPsychol, PsychD, MA, BSc

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... sfield.php

4 posts