Itchy, blister like spots on fingers

Post your questions about sensitive skin here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
DisneyPrincess26

by DisneyPrincess26 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Itchy, blister like spots on fingers

I seem to get these small bumpy, itchy, blister like spots on my fingers now and again. They are worse if I am stressed, they seem to come out really bad. Sometimes I itch my fi gers so bad they crack and bleed which worries me as thdy could get infected. Water makes them worse aswell and so does starch (when I am peeling potatoes). My doctor prescribed me Betnovate to apply twice daily when it gets really bad but they didn't really give me a diagnosis or seem to know what it is. Do you have an insight into this? If so what can I do to treat it?

Dr Emma Wedgeworth

by Dr Emma Wedgeworth on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Itchy, blister like spots on fingers

Sounds very much like pompholyx, a type of hand eczema. This is likely to get worse at times of stress and with irritants including juice from potatoes or citrus. Try using gloves for wet work. Avoid washing your hands excessively and use a moisturiser based wash rather than soap. use a thick greasy moisturiser regularly - with gloves at night if necessary. Betnovate can be helpful used intermittently. Try using once - twice a day for 7-10 days and then try and stop. if these measures aren't helpful, go back to the GP.

Hope that helps,
BW
Dr Emma Wedgeworth
Consultant Dermatologist & BSF spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... eworth.php

2 posts