Dry Dry DRY!

Post your questions about women's skin problems/conditions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
v.mcnamara

by v.mcnamara on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Dry Dry DRY!

I have really annoying dry skin on my hands and elbows. I work outdoors a lot and lso wash my hands very regularly, as I have animals. I use Dermol, E45, Cetraben, Oilatum, Epiderm. I have bad allergies to anything chemical, perfumes etc. My hands are awful and often bleed get almost instantly infected, you can watch as the cuts turn white and red and start weeping and throbbing. Very often keeps me awake. but I hate the roughness also. Not found anything that really helps. I use almond oil also. but I also hate any greasy thick feel on my hands at night!

Dr Emma Wedgeworth

by Dr Emma Wedgeworth on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 pm

Re: Dry Dry DRY!

Sorry to hear this. Have you been formally tested for allergies with patch testing. If not, this would definitely be worth while.

Do you wash your hands with soap or an alternative product? Ensure you use a non-soap emollient-based product to wash with. Can you use gloves for any activities to protect your hands? In terms of moisturiser, urea based products can be helpful for the roughness. it sounds like with the cuts etc, you may need a steroid, anti-inflammatory cream, so go and discuss this with your doctor.

best wishes.
Dr Emma Wedgeworth
Consultant Dermatologist & BSF spokesperson

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... eworth.php

2 posts