Log In Register

Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2019

British Skin Foundation raise money to fund research for cures for skin disease and skin cancer etc
Action Against Allergy (AAA) provides information, advice and support to those made chronically ill through the many different forms of allergy and those who care for them.

talkhealth > Clinics > Online Clinics Index > Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2019 > Burns & Scars

Burns & Scars

Moderator: talkhealth


Postby Emily2001 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:21 am

I have a deep hole/pit on my cheek which get clogged with makeup and is unsightly. GP says an old acne scar. Can I do anything about it?
IMG_2307.JPG (197.7 KiB) Viewed 196 times
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Scars

Postby Vanessa Jane Davies on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:11 pm

Hello Emily,

It would certainly be worthwhile looking at skin camouflage as an option. You only need tiny amounts of the cover creams to disguise the colour difference and any shadows resulting from the indentation.The amounts of pigment are so small that they will are unlikely to clog the scar as you have described.

Take a look at NHS appointments via Changing Faces or you can access private appointments across the country. During the appointment you will be assessed, colour matched and taught how to apply the products with support and advice to follow.

Please let me know if you need any further information.
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
User avatar
Vanessa Jane Davies
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:41 am

Re: Scars

Postby Mr Ioannis Goutos on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:15 am

Dear Emily,
There is a range of options for pitted scars including laser resurfacing, needling techniques as well as surgery depending on what your priorities for management are.
Best regards,
User avatar
Mr Ioannis Goutos
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:12 am

Re: Scars

Postby Dr Andrew Thompson on Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:21 pm

Dear Emily, If you feel that the mark you describe is really impacting on your confidence or mood then you can find support tips from websites such as skinsupport.org.uk. Your GP can also refer you to a local health and wellbeing service or for counselling and this might help alongside seeking a camouflage consultation and assessment for medical intervention, Best wishes,
Dr Andrew Thompson
Registered Clinical and Registered Health Psychologist - DClinPsy., C.Psychol., AFBPsS., DipCAT., FHEA., BA(Hons)

User avatar
Dr Andrew Thompson
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:41 am

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests