general eczema discussions

Moderators: talkhealth, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Marcie Mom, Koh Ming Shao

New - General and Curious

Postby wawdallas on Wed May 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Would like to know if anyone else has a dermatologist that only thinks their skin problems are from scratching.

I have been struck with Eczema/Psoriasis since 2005 and have been given basically every foam, gel, cream and so on under the sun. My groin area is the worst area as it does takes lot of damage from my scratching due to the unstoppable itching. I can knock it down at times and will be fine, then it will come back with a vengeance.

My thighs, behind my knees, calves and hands do get pretty bad during the summer periods, but they are stronger skin areas and I can deal with the damage and trying to treat those areas with the numerous prescriptions.

My Newest derm is telling me this itching is all a result of my scratching and if I stopped I would have less irritation. I reply and tell her that I don’t wake in the middle of the night or one day when I am perfectly healed start scratching because I miss the sensation of itching and burning.

Don’t understand when they tell me to use talc powder to keep the areas dry and then tell me to keep the areas moisturized. How the hell do you do both?

Does anyone have any good tips or tricks for doing cold compression on the groin area as its not the easiest place to do this. I was also considering Cryo treatment to see if this would knock it down for a few days or week to try and heel and stop the itching of the scratching and the eczema.
wawdallas