Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2018

British Skin Foundation raise money to fund research for cures for skin disease and skin cancer etc
Action Against Allergy (AAA) provides information, advice and support to those made chronically ill through the many different forms of allergy and those who care for them.

talkhealth > Clinics > Online Clinics Index > Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2018 > Other Skin Conditions

Other Skin Conditions

Moderator: talkhealth

Mole On Belly

Postby Jessica Payne on Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:52 am

Hi,

Is there anyway of getting rid of a mole on the side of your belly without having surgery?

Jessica
Jessica Payne

Re: Mole On Belly

Postby Dr Adil Sheraz on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Dear Jessica

It really depends on the type of mole. I'm assuming it has been looked at by your doctor or a dermatologist and has been confirmed as benign. If this is the case then surgical treatment will give you the highest rate of clearance. On the whole I do not recommend treatments such as lasers to treat melanocytic moles (moles with pigment) as they can often recur, and when they do can look very odd and will then almost definitely need to be removed surgically. Unfortunately creams or topical applications will not work and I do not recommend any home made remedies as they will only irritate and inflame the mole.

Depending on the type of mole, surgical options can include, freezing (cryotherapy), shave excision (without stitches), or complete excision (with stitches).

Before any treatment you must have a qualified doctor examine the mole.

Regards

Adil Sheraz
Dr Adil Sheraz
Consultant Dermatologist - MBBS, BMEDSCI(HONS), MRCP (UK), MRCP (DERMATOLOGY) (UK)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/online_clinics/experts/dr_adil_sheraz.php
Dr Adil Sheraz

Re: Mole On Belly

Postby Jessica Payne on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Ok thanks Adil.

I have not got it seen to by anyone.

Regards
Jessica Payne
Jessica Payne