Log In Register

Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2019

British Skin Foundation raise money to fund research for cures for skin disease and skin cancer etc
Action Against Allergy (AAA) provides information, advice and support to those made chronically ill through the many different forms of allergy and those who care for them.

talkhealth > Clinics > Online Clinics Index > Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2019 > Burns & Scars

Burns & Scars

Moderator: talkhealth


Postby Emily2001 on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:21 am

I have a deep hole/pit on my cheek which get clogged with makeup and is unsightly. GP says an old acne scar. Can I do anything about it?
IMG_2307.JPG (197.7 KiB) Viewed 46 times
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Re: Scars

Postby Vanessa Jane Davies on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:11 pm

Hello Emily,

It would certainly be worthwhile looking at skin camouflage as an option. You only need tiny amounts of the cover creams to disguise the colour difference and any shadows resulting from the indentation.The amounts of pigment are so small that they will are unlikely to clog the scar as you have described.

Take a look at NHS appointments via Changing Faces or you can access private appointments across the country. During the appointment you will be assessed, colour matched and taught how to apply the products with support and advice to follow.

Please let me know if you need any further information.
Vanessa Jane Davies MEWI LCGI
Skin Camouflage Consultant
User avatar
Vanessa Jane Davies
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:41 am

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests