Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2019

British Skin Foundation raise money to fund research for cures for skin disease and skin cancer etc
Action Against Allergy (AAA) provides information, advice and support to those made chronically ill through the many different forms of allergy and those who care for them.

talkhealth > Clinics > Online Clinics Index > Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2019 > Other Skin Conditions

Other Skin Conditions

Moderator: talkhealth

Lichen Planus

Postby Frances489 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm

I've had lichen planus of the vulva for approximately four years now - using Dermovate and Hydromol to try to keep things under control. I was initially told by the dermatologist that it may well burn itself out after two years, but, unfortunately not. Now one of my practice nurses has told me that there is no cure and it's just a matter of managing it. I've got an appointment to see the dermatologist again next month as the rash is just constant, sometimes worse than others. Although it had cleared before the dermatologist discharged me last year, within a few weeks it was back with a vengeance. I was told to use Dermovate every day for a month, then twice a week for a month - and repeat.

Is it a lifelong condition which has to be managed? What regimen would you advise for using Dermovate regularly? Is there anything else I could do to improve things?
Frances489