Survey results for
June/July: Digestive Health Survey June 2015
Ahead of our Online Clinic on Bladder, Bowel and Digestive Health, we ran a survey to find out more about how many of our members are living with bowel and digestive problems, what type of symptoms they are experiencing and where they go for information about their condition.
Here are the top highlights from the survey:
- Over 70% of respondents were already suffering with bowel or digestive problems, with IBS being the most common condition.
- IBS is the most common condition our members have with 51% feeling it is the condition that effects their life most, with 95% saying stomach cramps were the most popular symptom
- Most of those who answered the survey, use a change in diet (54%) or prescribed medication (46%) to combat their symptoms
- The majority (52%) did not find it easy to talk about their condition with friends and family and preferred to find their information on the internet (78%) or through a GP (56%)
- 30% do not feel that information is readily available
If you would like more support with your condition, here are some helpful links:
If you're interested in a detailed analysis of the results for these surveys please contact us.