Survey results for
September/October: Men and their Health
Ahead of our Online Clinic on Prostate Health (16 – 20 November 2015), which allowed members to ask our experts any questions they have about anything related to prostate, penis, or testicular health, we ran a survey throughout September and October on Men and Their Health.
Here are the top highlights from the survey:
- Most of the men responding to our survey were concerned about losing their hair, and a roughly equal amount reported that their hair had already started thinning, yet over 80% said that they were taking no action to prevent hair loss
- The majority of men also snored but again, most had taken little action to prevent this
- Nearly half of our respondents have or have had either athlete’s foot or a fungal nail infection, or both and had tried some form of treatment including creams and sprays
- Just under half of the men had skin concerns including dry and sensitive skin, eczema, psoriasis, acne, and rosacea. Just over half said that they would definitely see the doctor if they had a problem with their skin
- Over a third of respondents said that they are currently taking vitamins or supplements
- A fifth of men reported experiencing excessive perspiration – of those, a further fifth had seen a medical professional about
- An overwhelming majority of those that had experienced a sports injury had taken ibuprofen to ease the resulting symptoms
If you would like more support with your condition, here are some helpful links:
If you're interested in a detailed analysis of the results for these surveys please contact us.