April/May: Acne Survey 2017
We surveyed our audience to find out more about their experiences with acne and to determine what support is most needed. This included questions about perceptions of acne, skincare products and regimes, and what support participants would like to receive most.
Here are the top highlights from the survey:
- The vast majority of those who had experience with acne washed their face twice a day, with Clearasil and Clean and Clear being the most commonly used skin care products
- The contraceptive pill and oral antibiotics were the most commonly used treatments alongside skincare but 50% had not used any other form of treatment to manage their acne
- 51% that been to see a healthcare professional to discuss their acne, half rated the helpfulness of the advice they received as ‘okay’, with talkhealth and sites like mumsnet being used to find advice on acne
- When asked to consider what information would be most useful in helping manage acne symptoms, the top three areas of interest were:
- Samples of acne products
- Hints and tips
- Skin care management advice
If you would like more support with your condition, here are some helpful links:
If you're interested in a detailed analysis of the results for these surveys please contact us.