10 x The Breast Cancer Book
Offer ends: 23 January 2022
A comprehensive, down-to-earth guide for anyone diagnosed with breast cancer.
Being diagnosed with breast cancer can be scary and confusing. There are medical terms to learn, options to consider, and important decisions to make, all while trying to carry on with work, family, and life. The Breast Cancer Book can't reverse a diagnosis or make breast cancer disappear, but every page can inform and empower you or your loved ones, no matter where you are in the breast cancer experience.
Written by three trusted experts—an oncologist, a breast surgeon, and a two-time breast cancer survivor—this book walks you through everything you need to know about breast cancer so that you can make the best decisions about diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up care. In plain, easy-to-understand language that illuminates all the facets of this disease, the authors draw on their professional experience and the most current scientific knowledge to:
- Describe the risk factors for breast cancer
- Explain the various tests used to detect cancer
- Clarify the full range of treatment options, from surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation to newer combination therapies
- Provide insight from experts in genetics, radiation oncology, and breast reconstruction
- Simplify complex concepts with detailed graphics, tables, illustrations, and photographs
- Present inspirational true stories of breast cancer survivors
This is a crash course on breast cancer that will help get you or anyone you love through the physical and emotional challenges of the disease, as well as helping you to communicate with your cancer team.
Information contained in the offer promo pages have been supplied by companies who have paid to promote here. talkhealth does not endorse any specific products, brands or treatments and cannot vouch or verify any claims that the authors have made. talkhealth cannot provide any advice on whether a particular product or treatment is suitable. If you are in any doubt about any of the products you read about, we advise you to either contact the company concerned or seek medical advice before changing your treatment routine.