How much do you know about HIV?
Not many things have gone to plan this year but thanks to a record-breaking television drama series, National HIV Testing Week had it's best year yet. With the government dedicating resources to ending new cases of HIV by 2030 and campaigns like ‘#CantPassItOn’ and ‘Give HIV The Finger’ gaining more airtime, how much do you know about HIV?
Helped along by politicians sharing videos of their home tests on Twitter, Channel 4’s It’s a Sin has triggered a four-fold increase in orders for HIV testing kits. The channel’s most viewed drama series follows a group of young people as they navigate the AIDS crisis of the 1980s.
The programme is an eye-opening depiction of the stigma, homophobia and misinformation that characterised the illness in the 80s. Now, thanks to increased prevention and better testing and treatment for the condition, today’s HIV diagnoses tell a different story.
- Online expert clinics
- Support programmes
- Trials & surveys
- Blogs & forums
- All talkhealth membership features
- TH+ giveaways, vouchers & discounts
- Join our exclusive product review panel
- Expert webinars with healthcare professionals
- talkhealth articles & weekly recipes
- Online exercise, cooking & meditation classes
- Weekly virtual coffee mornings
- Access to talkhealth+ resident healthcare professionals