Could patient advocacy make your health journey easier?
Have you ever found yourself confused by your doctor or at a welfare or social care interview? Are you unsure of which direction to take your care? Or, are you being made to feel vulnerable by those who are meant to be supporting you?
If your answer is yes, then patient advocacy might make your medical journey easier. After all, having to deal with a chronic condition is hard enough without feeling like your voice isn’t being heard in appointments, appeals and reviews.
Despite patient advocacy being a useful tool for more efficient and beneficial care, it continues to be bypassed. 68% of people within the healthcare system are not offered an advocate which puts them at risk of making bad decisions, not reaching preferred outcomes and being left to fend for themselves.
- All talkhealth membership features (for free)
- Giveaways, trials & surveys
- Online expert clinics, webinars and coffee mornings with healthcare professionals
- Free support programmes
- Health articles, blogs & forums
- Join our exclusive product review panel