talkhealth is PIF Tick certified for the fourth year running
talkhealth has recieved PIF Tick certification for the fourth year running. This shows how dedicated we are to providing our members with up-to-date, trustworthy and reliable health information.
Worryingly, a 2022 survey found 58% of healthcare professionals had difficulty sourcing reliable health information to share with patients. By displaying the accolade, we are proving to you and your doctors that our content is up-to-scratch.
The PIF TICK is the UK’s only quality mark for health information. The green tick quality mark replaced the Information Standard, which accredited talkhealth‘s content for years.
The certification continues to gain prestige as the amount of online health information grows exponentially. To ensure you know exactly where to get trusted information, the Patient Information Forum has launched a new resource which lists more than 85 content platforms where you can find PIF Tick-certified content.
To earn this recognition and to be included in the resource library, we have to adhere to a rigorous 10-step production process that ensures we are providing informative, accessible, representative and timely health content. All of talkhealth’s certified content has to:
- Uses a consistent and documented process.
- Be written by trained and supported to produce high-quality information.
- Meet an identified consumer need.
- Be based on reliable, up-to-date evidence.
- Involve patients in the development of health information.
- Be written in plain English.
- Be easy to use and navigate.
- Be written in a way that people can feedback on the information.
- Reach those who need it through promotion.
- Be measurable for impact.
Information contained in this Articles page has been written by talkhealth based on available medical evidence. The content however should never be considered a substitute for medical advice. You should always seek medical advice before changing your treatment routine. talkhealth does not endorse any specific products, brands or treatments.
Information written by the talkhealth team
Last revised: 30 November 2023
Next review: 30 November 2026