Plant-based vs. vegan diets: which one is which?
Whether you’ve heard of vegetarian, flexitarian, ovo-veggie (FYI - that’s no eggs) or pescatarian, there is no denying that more people are steering clear of meat and animal products these days. Yes, there’s a lot to learn, but there are two diets that are undoubtedly causing the most confusion at the moment.
Enter the vegan diet and the whole-food, plant-based diet, both very popular on the 2021 health scene, both high in plant consumption, but, muddling the two could leave you blushing in the vegetable aisle.
So, what is the difference between veganism and a whole-food, plant-based diet?
- All talkhealth membership features (for free)
- Giveaways, trials & surveys
- Online expert clinics, webinars and coffee mornings with healthcare professionals
- Free support programmes
- Health articles, blogs & forums
- Join our exclusive product review panel