Ask the experts… life after prostate surgery
Even though just under half of the population have prostates, many men feel uncomfortable opening up about how problems with the gland can affect their lives. Because of the prostate’s delicate position in the body, prostate surgery can lead to difficulties including erectile dysfunction or urinary incontinence. These issues can affect a person’s relationship, quality of life and mindset.
Last month, the Urology Foundation offered our community the chance to ask questions about what to expect from life post prostate surgery. We were joined by two experts, consultant urologist Arun Sahai and Lorraine Grover, a psychosexual nurse specialist. Both believe that men should be given support to live a normal life, rather than just living with the effects of prostate surgery.
If you missed the clinic, don’t worry! Here’s a round-up of the best advice:
- Online expert clinics
- Support programmes
- Trials & surveys
- Blogs & forums
- All talkhealth membership features
- TH+ giveaways, vouchers & discounts
- Join our exclusive product review panel
- Expert webinars with healthcare professionals
- talkhealth articles & weekly recipes
- Online exercise, cooking & meditation classes
- Weekly virtual coffee mornings
- Access to talkhealth+ resident healthcare professionals