talkhealth meets... Dr Unnati Desai
The NHS says that PCOS – or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) – affects one in 10 women in the UK however, lots of women aren't aware of the symptoms to look out for and are unsure of how to approach treatment.
PCOS is when small sacs of fluid develop along the outer edge of the ovary, these cysts contain immature eggs called follicles. These follicles do not regulary release eggs, meaning women with PCOS do not menstruate regularly.
Want to find out more? Nuffield Health’s GP National Lead, Dr Unnati Desai, explains everything you need to know about what PCOS is in her webinar. But, before you go and watch that – get to know her more in this quick Q&A!
- All talkhealth membership features (for free)
- Giveaways, trials & surveys
- Online expert clinics, webinars and coffee mornings with healthcare professionals
- Free support programmes
- Health articles, blogs & forums
- Join our exclusive product review panel