Did I have a miscarriage?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

1 post
ella1234

by ella1234 on Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:45 pm

Did I have a miscarriage?

Hello so back in May/ June I started to suspect that I was pregnant. I’m on birth control but I started getting weird symptoms like sore breasts, stomach cramps, food tasted different, odd cravings like meat even though I’m a vegetarian. I was going to take a pregnancy test but decided to do it after a week long family vacation, because if I tested positive I didn’t want that in my mind while stuck with my family on vacation..

Last day of the vacation I managed to get food poisoning or some sort of stomach virus. I couldn’t eat for 5 days, anything I ate just came right out again. On the 3rd day I started bleeding A LOT. (While on birth control I barely menstruate and if I do, it’s very light flow.) I was bleeding for about a week. The blood was thick and clumpy during the first few days and I had pain in my lower stomach.
I took a pregnancy test once I got better, and at first it was negative. But when I came back 20 minutes later to throw it away it showed positive (see picture). And I know you shouldn’t trust pregnancy tests after 10 minutes but I got scared. I booked an appointment a week later at a youth care facility that help teens with pregnancy and birth control. I tested again and it showed negative.
This was months ago but I still can’t get over it, not knowing if i could’ve been pregnant is scary. All I know is that i’m not pregnant right now, and if I was I lost it. There’s one other theory I have, since nothing I ate stayed in my body, maybe the birth control didn’t work and I started menstruating. But that theory doesn’t completely work either since it would’ve taken more than 3 days without birth control to start an ovulation and then a menstruation.
Either way I stopped taking my birth control and got one of those nexplanon implants in my arm, since they’re supposed to be safer. I’m just a teen and I’m glad i’m not pregnant! Is there anyone that could tell me what they think happened, maybe someone has gone through something similar? I just can’t stop thinking about it and want answers, even thought there’s no way in actually knowing if it could’ve been a miscarriage.
Attachments
On this type of test it’s supposed to have 1 line in each box if positive. And only 1 line in the small box if it’s negative.<br />This picture was taken after the 10 minute “limit”
On this type of test it’s supposed to have 1 line in each box if positive. And only 1 line in the small box if it’s negative.
This picture was taken after the 10 minute “limit”
5CD0C427-0609-437E-A472-224239FFF59E.jpeg (335.61 KiB) Viewed 5044 times