Hemorrhagic cyst of 3.5 cm in left ovary

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

1 post
rahul2531658

by rahul2531658 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: Hemorrhagic cyst of 3.5 cm in left ovary

On 30.08.2013, I have taken my USG Test (under the Annual Health Check Up program of my company), during the conduction of the test, the doctor concerned informed me about the presence of a hemorrhagic cyst in my left ovary and also advised that it was a cyclic functional cyst, which requires only periodic diagnosis (since the same generally ruptures/diminishes of its own and is removed during/after 1-2 menstrual cycle). However, for the time being, the doctor recommended Taxim-Of (Cefixime & Ofloxacin Tablets) – 2 Tabs /Day, Chymoral Plus (Trypsin Chymotrypsin with Diclofenac Potassium Tablets) – 2 Tabs /Day and Radipan – DSR (Pantroprazole & Domperidor Sustained Release Capsules) – 1 Tabs /Day for 05 days course. The same was followed as advised.

Today, 01.10.2013, I received the USG report, wherein the hemorrhagic cyst of 3.5 cm in the left ovary was clearly visible. So, in order to check for the existence of the same after this month’s menstrual (22.09.2013 being the 1st day), I again took the USG Test today, wherein the cyst size appears to be 2.9 – 3.0 cm. Seeing the condition of the cyst, the doctor advised me for the following contraceptive pill: Tab. Loette for 21 days to be taken on the 5th day of the following menstrual cycle with no other recommendation w.r.t. diet or schedule.

The above medicine is listed in the category of “birth control oral contraceptive pills”, for which I have a bit hesitation and apprehension that the side effects of the medication can further worsen the situation. At this junction, I seek your valuable advice regarding the course of my treatment viz. (a) seriousness of the case, (b) method to remove the cyst in totality, (c) if I should follow the medication as advised by doctor above (d) any prevention on diet and schedule front.
P.S.: Pain neither during the course of menstrual cycle (before/after) nor after the detection of the cyst is felt. Also, the occurrence of menstrual cycle is normal.

Regards,

Age – 25 years.
Married.