I'm worried about my periods

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
remiluma

by remiluma on Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:23 am

I'm worried about my periods

In my last post, I discussed a worrying comment made by my doctor during my appointment. She said she thought it was likely I had endometriosis or a slight chance of cancer.
A gynecologist examined my cervix and concluded that everything appeared to be normal. They recommended I undergo an ultrasound in order to be certain. I last spoke with them over a week ago, and I have yet to hear from them. I am still experiencing symptoms.
Therefore, I am worried that something more serious may be wrong, and I am eager to receive the ultrasound results.
I’m worrying more since my blood test results showed my mean corpus. Hb. Conc (MCMH) was abnormal. While looking at this, I noticed it had been abnormal since July 2018. As well as this, my Eosinophil has come back abnormal and has been since July 2018. While not being abnormal, other things have come down by at least 2.0 regarding my blood count.
I’m worrying more and my doctors aren’t updating me on the situation, in fact they said to me the closet appointment I could get was next month, to re-talk about it. I don’t want to go around in circles, but I don’t know what to do. Any advice.

Here is a list of my symptoms:

Irregular periods - last 10-14 days and have them 2 a month
Heavy and medium blood flow
Bleeding in-between periods
Pain in lower tummy and back during and leading up to period
Sometimes painful to pee
Feeling sick
Constantly getting constipation during period
Feeling more tired when on period and lead up to it
Feeling faint everyday
Bloating
had a 3-month period
mood swings
contraception has no effect and goes back to my irregular cycle
pain during sex
back and pelvic pain
Sharp pain in stomach when I have a poo
lost 2 stone in 2 months for no reason

athena123456

by athena123456 on Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:37 am

Re: I'm worried about my periods

Menstrual cycles can vary from person to person, and changes or irregularities in your period can be concerning. While I'm not a doctor, I can provide you with some general information that may help. However, it's important to consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice.

Here are a few common reasons why your periods might be causing concern:

Irregular menstrual cycles: It's not uncommon for menstrual cycles to vary in length, especially during the teenage years or when you first start menstruating. Stress, changes in weight, hormonal imbalances, or certain medical conditions can also contribute to irregular cycles.

Heavy or prolonged bleeding: If you experience unusually heavy bleeding that requires changing sanitary products frequently (e.g., soaking through a pad or tampon every hour), or if your periods last longer than usual (more than seven days), it's recommended to seek medical attention.

Missed periods: Missing a period can be unsettling, especially if you're sexually active. Pregnancy is one possible cause of missed periods, but hormonal imbalances, excessive exercise, stress, or certain medical conditions can also be factors.

Severe pain or discomfort: While some level of discomfort or cramping is normal during periods, severe pain that interferes with your daily activities could be a sign of an underlying condition such as endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease.

If you're worried about your periods, it's best to schedule an appointment with a healthcare professional. They can evaluate your specific situation, provide accurate advice, and address any concerns you may have. They might perform a physical examination, ask about your medical history, and potentially recommend further tests or treatments if necessary.

Remember, it's important to prioritize your health and seek medical guidance for any concerns you have regarding your menstrual cycle.

2 posts