Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2018

British Skin Foundation raise money to fund research for cures for skin disease and skin cancer etc
Action Against Allergy (AAA) provides information, advice and support to those made chronically ill through the many different forms of allergy and those who care for them.

talkhealth > Clinics > Online Clinics Index > Online clinic on skin conditions - Sept 2018 > Rosacea

Rosacea

Moderator: talkhealth

rosacea and perioral dermatitis

Postby Guest Posts on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:55 am

I have rosacea and perioral dermatitis, the rosacea seems calmer these days, Using efracea in the mornings (40mg)
Rozex cream and soolantra in the evening but I feel the P.O.D is getting worse any advice pls
Thank you
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor
Guest Posts

Re: rosacea and perioral dermatitis

Postby Julie Van Onselen on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Managing facial skin conditions can be difficult when you have two different diagnosis. Perioral dermatitis is treated with oral antibiotics, so you have appropriate treatment; however it is possible the rosacea treatments may be irritating your perioral dermatitis while treating your rosacea. I suggest you return to your GP or dermatologist for a treatment review as it may be appropriate to try an alternative oral antibiotic. Generally with rosacea treatments, a two month rule showed be followed, so try a treatment regimen for two months then assess, as improvement may take weeks rather than days.
Julie Van Onselen