Painful

If you have questions about testicular or penile health please post them here for our experts and charity partners to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
happy-girl

by happy-girl on Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Painful

Hi, I have had and still have very bad pain in my right testicle and groin area due to this. It is very tender and if knocked even in the slightest way it hurts very bad. I have this pain 24/7 and it never goes away its very embarrassing and I will not go to see a GP as they are (excuse the phrase) damn useless and I do not wish to be touched down there as I know this is what they will want to do.
There is absolutely nothing visible to see and it is not enlarged or swollen just very painful, along with this I do have trouble urinating in as such its at times difficult to get it going.
Any suggestions please as to what it may be?
Thanks
Steve

Mr Benjamin Challacombe

by Mr Benjamin Challacombe on Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Painful

The testicular pain and difficulty urinating are different problems but might be linked.
It sounds like you need a urology referral
Yes they will want to examine you but that is an important part of identifying what is going on.
You will need an ultrasound scan of the scrotum and bladder/prostate and flow rate measurement
The issues might be linked as if you have poor bladder emptying there might be associated infection in the testis.
If you are 63 (1957) then prostate enlargement or a stricture might be the cause
worth looking into
Mr Benjamin J Challacombe
Consultant Urological Surgeon and Honorary Senior Lecturer

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... acombe.php

2 posts