Arthritis

Post your questions about perfect sleep environment here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
hazeld15

by hazeld15 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:04 pm

Arthritis

I have Arthritis in both hips (I had a hip replacement in my left one but it obviously hasn't worked too well as it still hurts almost as much as it did before I had the op) and both knees and find it very painful to lie on either side for very long. I don't like sleeping on my back as it just doesn't feel comfortable so therefore, most of my nights are spent just tossing and turning with short periods on my back. I'm taking the higher strength Cocodamol and Tramadol every day which sort of takes the edge off the pain but isn't really a great help other than that. I also have Amitriptyline a couple of hours before bedtime which usually helps me nod off for about an hour to an hour and a half but that's all. Any advice for getting more and better sleep would be very gratefully received.

Simon Williams

by Simon Williams on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 am

Re: Arthritis

You need to achieve as much pressure relief as possible from your mattress. You could consider buying a topper pad to place on top of your existing mattress. Look to buy one that is at least 5cm deep and made from either memory foam or latex foam.
Simon Williams
Marketing Manager for the National Bed Federation

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... lliams.php

2 posts