Tips for not letting acne destroy mental health

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
lou.96.18.23@gmail.com

by lou.96.18.23@gmail.com on Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:55 pm

Tips for not letting acne destroy mental health

I was hoping to find some tips on how to cope with this acne issue, currently I feel like everything is against me and truly I’m struggling mentally.. currently have the worst flare up of cystic acne and I’ve over done it in the panic and of course made everything even worse 😭 haven’t left the house in days and can’t see me leaving the house for the next few either 😞 it’s making me want to hide from my loved ones, it’s keeping me from doing anything even going to the shop for milk! I can’t help but feel embarrassed of myself, and to feel comfortable around my partner I’ve put on masks as spot treatments all day and as you can imagine it’s just made everything so much worse. I’m stuck in a painful, shameful cycle and I truly don’t know what to do for myself. Any help would be so so amazing, please, thank you

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:17 pm

Re: Tips for not letting acne destroy mental health

A quick-fix is to find a concealing foundation to cover up your acne. I KNOW that doesn't solve your problem but will at least offer less embarrassment.

There are specialized foundations for acne-prone skin: these are the mother of all foundations and won't cause further skin issues, like flareups.

Do Google it. You will have to be prepared to pay a fair cost, though: maybe from £20 to £30, or thereabouts.

2 posts