Help - Moisturizer Ingredient - Alchohol Denat.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

1 post
flashback007

by flashback007 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Help - Moisturizer Ingredient - Alchohol Denat.

Hello,

I'm 25 years old, my acne problem started when I was 15 (severe acne).
Because of my perseverance doing treatments (including isotretinoin ones), cleaning and protecting my skin, changing my eating habits, and a bit of luck, I am able to say that my face is 95% acne free (with some minor scars).

I kept my skin cleaning and moisturizing habits though.

I want to ask you about a certain ingredient in moisturizers for oily/acneic skin, which is Alcohol Denat. or SD Alcohol or Ethanol etc...

I've read EVERYWHERE that this is a longterm skin damaging ingredient and that this type of alchohol will dehydrate your skin and consequently making your skin produce more oil and having more breakouts plus it will make a healthy skin look older (in long term).

My question is:
How can I use an oily/acneic skin moisturizer everyday when it has such ingredient ?
I've searched supermarkets, pharmacies, websites...
Even the top brands have those ingredients on their moisturizers.
There are almost no moisturizers in the market that are, oil free, non comedogenic and not containing this type of alchohol and the ones that exist are EXCESSIVELY expensive. I mean 20€ (approx. 21USD) for 30ml tube.

Suggestions ?
Thanks