skin tags

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

4 posts
penguin1

by penguin1 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:35 pm

skin tags

Hi
I have a lot of skin tags checked out by GP they are skin tags he will cut them off for me but I was wondering can I freeze them off myself at home with one of those that says freeze warts.

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Re: skin tags

Dear penguin1,

Thank you for your post.

Skin tags are very common and generally harmless. Anyone can develop skin tags and they tend to grow where skin rubs against skin or clothing. Although they can develop due to hormonal changes too.

I cannot recommend that you carry out the removal yourself. Often the GP will decide how and who can remove them dependant on location, number of tags, how big they are and also how wide the base of the tag is. Large skin tags may bleed heavily if you remove them yourself.

I strongly recommend that you let the GP do the procedure for you.

Best wishes,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

penguin1

by penguin1 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi Justine
Thanks for the advise, I have taken the advise on board and will be making a fresh appointment with GP do not like having to ask that is why I asked about the wart remover.
Thanks again.

LisaSharrow

by LisaSharrow on Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:30 pm

penguin1 wrote:Hi Justine
Thanks for the advise, I have taken the advise on board and will be making a fresh appointment with GP do not like having to ask that is why I asked about the wart remover.
Thanks again.
Your skin problem was solved or not ? Because I am also facing skin tags and I just hate these tags

4 posts