My doctor seems to be overlooking signs i think.?

Post your ovarian cancer questions here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
Mummyof32020

by Mummyof32020 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:17 am

My doctor seems to be overlooking signs i think.?

Hello,
I don't know where to actually start with this but the simple bit is that I have endometriosis but was only superficial found and ablated back in 2017. I have had chronic pain in my right side from the top of my belly button across to my pelvis since 2016 and constant bleeding from Dec 2019 to end of June 2020, i have now got irregular bleeding for a week at a time. I am taking double desogestrel pill every day without a break the last 6 months and im still bleeding irregular. I am worried about cancer as I have all the symptoms of all the gynae mentioned cancers here.....please help? I'm 32, have 3 children youngest is 15 months old. My doctor keeps saying " we need to manage the pain for you, and we need to try stop the bleeding " but no tests are done etc in the last 15 months, and I am just left bleeding and chronic pain now, please can you help me with it? Many Thanks and love xx

Professor Ahmed Ahmed

by Professor Ahmed Ahmed on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Re: My doctor seems to be overlooking signs i think.?

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties. I would like to reassure you that although endometriosis can be associated with cancer, the probability of this is not high. From what you are describing, however, and because of your concerns, it seems reasonable for you to discuss these concerns directly with your doctor. Your doctor can then recommend appropriate tests or share your concerns with the local gynaecological cancer doctor to see what specific tests, if any, needs to be done to suit your particular case.

2 posts